Thursday, February 7, 2008

Life in the craft lane

So life in the craft lane this week was going to involve lots of speedy lane changes, sexy open-top cars, green lights and the open highway of finished projects, instead I seem to have been stuck in the stationwagon crafting cul-de-sac, going round and round and finishing very little. There are plans of course.........

There are plans for friends (without pins)

and frocks


warm winter coats

and soft wooly cardi's



as well as all manner of scarves and beanies and wee little handbags and tiny quilts and little crafts and etsy banners that don't look like something from the house of mirrors.

There will be tags and sublime packaging and postcards and extreme cuteness and gorgeousness and it will all be perfect and ready and I will rise on my rickety varicose-vein ridden pins (but not too quickly as i don't want to risk an "accident") and will call in my proudest nanna voice "My shop is open". Shenara May (yes one day there will be old ladies with this name) will pause in her pudding eating briefly, look at me and then resume eating her napkin.

The nurse Tammie Electra will wander over and cluck at me. I will tell her that I have opened my shop on the internet. Tamie Electra will laugh and roll her eyes. "Jodie , honey you are so funny- nobody uses the internet anymore !" and the bloody etsy shop will be open.

27 comments:

  1. .....and a lovely young wardsman named 'Jason' will be wheeling Jodie to the day-room for morning craft. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you kill me!!! We'll be in our virtual old folks homes together dreaming of doing the etsy thing!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. snorting with laughter over here and Lesley is laughing in my ear down the phone at the idea of old biddy Jodie! Get on with it girl - or I'll be too old to remember my Paypal password!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA..HA...you are bloody hilarious!!! Hubby has just rushed over to see what I'm cackling at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always crack me up Jodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait!! You are hilarious, Jodie. I really enjoy reading your posts.

    Love that cardi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! Yes you can! Those toys look incredible already and they are not even finished.

    You better oil your zimmer frame and take your arthritis medicine and FLY woman!

    You have so much support already from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He He - all of a sudden, Nurse Tammie notices all the buttons on her cardigan are missing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you paint a hilarious picture and I too will be knitting in the chair beside you!! I'd quite fancy that little dress for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could we open an old biddies crafting home? Maybe have a collective Etsy shop? We'd need one of those young people to go to the Post Office for us though.

    Fantastic post Jodie. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are funny! Come on though, we want to see your shop while our eyes still work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh goodness! you know how to keep us on the edge of our computer chairs don't you! come on and just give in and open already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!!You are such a hoot! Have fun getting ready-full steam ahead now we have a weekend again.And I am sure even if you don't get everything ready until you are ready for the old folks home you Jodie will remain forever young!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything looks soooo beautiful... well done.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! You're always a ray of light on a cloudy day... Everythin looks great, can't wait for the shop opening.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just such a crack. Can't wait to see alll these little guys. Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so laughing like a crazy person right now! You make living in a nursing home sound like fun! On a serious note you are so talented, all your little dolls and clothes look so amazing. I think your shop will be empty by the end of the first day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. *smiles, turns and is lead away tp a comfy seat by the window by a nice, helpful girl named Shania Jaayde.*

    ReplyDelete
  19. You'd better hurry - my eye sight is failing me as it is, imagine how I'll be in a few years. And you can guarentee my nursing home won't have broadband - have you tried using etsy on dial up? In the time it takes for you to get on the item has expired...

    ReplyDelete
  20. When you talk to Celia, AND you think she answers you back.... then you know it is time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. could you craft me a cover for my zimmer frame dear and I'll join you by the mush for those with no teeth machine.

    Great post.
    Am sure you'll get there while the internet is still swingin'

    ReplyDelete
  22. oops, Jodie, that last one was me (in disguise as my alter ego granny)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cant wait for the shop opening - you will get there - Cant wait (have already said that haven't I!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are really funny,you could be a writer too!!!I love your crafts!!!everything looks so sweet and perfect!xoxo Dees.
    PSthanks for cracking me up today too

    ReplyDelete
  25. those little clothes are so cute!!! I love the sneak peek at the dolls, too. your work looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh the little outfits are gorgeous! You do crack me up Jodie, what a great post!!! :0

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!