Monday, March 11, 2013

I digress

I was popping in today feeling a bit whingey and grumpy. I was going to show you a whole slew of finished things (that samples list is down to ONE item). I was also going to show you all the half-started, half-arsed projects and ask for your help to decide what I should be working on because I seem to be in the throes of E.I.T.T.T.S and unable to focus on anything. I was also going to tell you that I will be at Urban Stitches in Melbourne this weekend and next weekend in Sydney (it is all but sold out, but you might be able to get a Sunday ticket to Sydney if you want to join the fun). I am soooo looking forward to spending two weekends with crafty folks. I’ll be instagramming the life out of it so you can follow along as well (jodiericrac).
urban button
Instead of sharing my grumpiness,  I am going to tell you I made an e-book. No it’s not about success or wealth creation, or the seven secret foods you must never eat or you’ll turn into a fatty. I made an E-book of the little bus stop story. It is not fancy at all – It has no sound or anything. In fact it is just the e-version of the the same thing you can read over  there on the stories tab for free on the blog.
IMG_2652
But it was something I have been thinking about for ages, and I just wanted to see if I could and I can’t help thinking this might be a whole new wheelbarrow of fun if I can find a techie person to play along and we could do little toy books with actual sound (sexy Irish accent preferred).
I downloaded it for my Ipad and it worked and I was totally up for myself for at least ten minutes. If you would like to buy it for 99c apparently you can. After Blurb take a few cents I will receive 79c…so if 6 people buy it I can get a coffee and if only about 48,000 people buy it , I could take a whole year off work. Or I could pay someone to make things all beautiful and interactive and whatever else eBooks are capable of.
I think this is the link , it took me about 20 mins to find it again after I had finished the blessed thing or it should link if you click on the picture.
The real life version is going to stay here , so don’t feel pressured, this is more for my own crazy fun than any attempt at securing a retirement fund.
 
(My secrets to making millions eBook will be out next week and will obviously be a bestseller)

19 comments:

  1. 48,000? That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, my mum and your mum and you and me and Annie flowergarden and Trash... Easy !

      Delete
  2. Boo! You can only buy an iPad format and I don't have one. Alas... good luck with your sales though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, did I do that I wonder? I know nothing of formats but will investigate (and I know you've already read it anyway Kit)

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so looking forward to the making millions eBook next week. I was just googling that very thing this morning. (Really!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Jodie,
    Once you've got the format thing sorted I am sure 48 000 won't be a problem at all. lol. It is a cute book though - shame I am not an ipad person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super exciting. I hope you make enough to retire on so you can keep discovering nw things though I am sure you would miss the little kiddies. In other super exciting news I received a soft parcel from a superstar lady in Ballarat today. Thankyou very much. I am jumping up and down in excitement (in my head of course because I never waste energy on anything but sleep) thinking of all those amazing colours. Thankyou so much. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get an iPad just so I can buy your book! I'll wait to go to my sisters house and use hers instead. The nephews will love it!
    PS - In my drug induced stupour I'm not sure whether I thanked you for the most beautiful pressie and card. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have an iPad. but I'll make everyone I know who has one get it. I'll withhold the chocolate biscuits til they do.

    I have a thought about your list...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's more than 48,000 people with 'I-thingos' so you're in with a chance.
    Looks like you are using all the non-day job time to do fun stuff.
    Enjoy the coming creative weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to you Jodie! See you on Saturday at Urban Stitches. It will be a hoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeehaaa ! So looking forward to it. I need. A crafty people fix!

      Delete
  10. I just purchased your e-book Jodie; you only need 47999 more sales. Was able to download it to my iPhone. However, imagine my shock when I went to my i-library to find a copy of 'The Princess and the Penis'. I think I need to chat to child #1 before child #3 (11yo) finds it on his primary school issued iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An armchair author! You may need to know about those 5 foods that'll make you a fatty! :o) This is super terrific and yes...only "i" thingy format. Happy Sales...will you be advertising for sexy Irish accent?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any ipods or pads or phones. Strictly android here but I am flying down to sydney for next Sunday's urban stitches session so I'll see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I love your blog!
    Soil visit but never dare to leave messages.
    Today I leave one for your tutorial thank the ambulance.
    You can visit my post citing his tutorial.
    Thanks and regards
    loly
    http://poquitoapoco-loly.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/ninoninoque-vamos-llegando.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please pretty please will you do a rooly trooly paper version for those of us without i-thingos (and with book addictions)?

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!