Wednesday, July 7, 2010

gentle prodding

You know, I often need a gentle prod to get things happening. Last year Maree nagged me into submission and I finally wrote the Parsley and Beet pattern.

This time , you guys have Cynthia to thank. Cynthia has been gently prodding me for a pattern for Monty and Pearl since ...about forever. I fudged about and dilly-dallied and talked myself out of it for ages. I told myself it was silly to make a pattern for such tiny fellows - but Cynthia disagreed....

So here it is...I was never ever going to ship kits for these overseas as the cost is just plain rude - but these mini patterns just slide on through like a letter.
These are actually more like a tutorial with a colour photo to go with each step-by-step instruction.

Anyway they are in ye olde shoppe right now and they are already on sale at Winterwood in Melbourne. (That is also where I get the delicious hedgehog fabric in the above photo if you're interested.) They are also on their way to the gorgeous Pom Pom Rouge in Queensland as we speak.
and because they are such well travelled little fellows, this weekend they will also be on sale at the Quilt and Craft Fair in Hobart. One of my gorgeous Senior Managers Jo, is helping out on Fee's stall and they have all my patterns and a box full of samples - so if you are heading in please stop and say Hi to Jo and Fee of Mother's Cupboard on stall C10.

Monty and Pearl would be pleased to see you - this is their very first overseas adventure.

22 comments:

  1. These little cuties amongst your other gorgeous softies arrived safe and sound! I was like a little kid opening the box and squealing with delight to see them up close! I can't wait for the rest of Tasmania to see them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo just popped into my office at work and said she had your babies at her place. And I'm away this weekend so won't be able to meet them at the fair. Maybe another time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are sooooo cute! May there soon be Monty & Pearl's all over the world....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so very cute!!!
    Will you be selling the hedgehog fabric too? That really makes the bottom two.
    Good luck, Monty and Pearl on your first adventure overseas! You'll love all the attention you will get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Voyage Monty and Pearl :-) T

    What an adorable pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did they get hedgehog passports ? Very , very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute as can be! After their travels I'm wondering if they'll write a Hedgehog Tales post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my WORD, but they are sweet! *hugs them tight*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be sure to drop by Fiona and Jo's stall and give Monty and Pearl a cuddle...just incase they are homesick!
    Lisa ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cute Jodi. They'll be popular for sure. Hope they don't freeze down in Tassie.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are far too cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so very very lovely
    Well done! another winner for sure,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monty and Pearl... awww... how cute! See... your 'followers' are good for you... pestering and annoying you to get cute patterns written!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet! How do you find the time? I FINALLY posted Ernst on my blog. My friend and her family are so happy to have this cozy reminder of their dear family member. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so cute Jodie, never say never eh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. My 7-year old was sitting next to me when I came to your blog. She SHRIEKED when she saw your little critters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wishing Monty and Pearl a safe trip across the waves! Bet they have lots of fun at the fair.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!