Monday, May 25, 2009

What goes on the craft weekend....

In the great tradition of "what goes on the craft weekend stays on the craft weekend" please understand that full disclosure of the previous weekends escapades may not be possible.

I can tell you that Sewjourn is the PERFECT place to have a craft retreat. Being a crafter herself Jan has everything covered. The house is gorgeous, heaps of room, everything you could need or want is there and the studio is amazing. Once you are in the studio, there is no trekking back to the house for tea or coffee or even the loo - the studio has everything you need to keep you crafting the hours away.

I can also tell you that Lara, Nikki, Rachel,Emma, Annie, Kathryn and soon-to-have-a-blog Megan were the perfect mix of people to spend a weekend with. When I say we spent a lot of time laughing - I mean hang on to your bladder, cross your legs shrieking laughter !

Lots of beautiful things were made, and everyone swapped and shared and learnt from each other. Nikki inspired us all to let go a bit and she shared so generously all her knowledge, time and whisky.

The rumours from the neighbours that loud out-of-tune singing and yodelling could be heard coming from the studio at 2am were greatly exaggerated, whilst the reported sighting of the rare and endangered flannel-clad ABBA dancers is merely the stuff of local legend.
It wasn't all fun and laughter, we did out bit for the planet while we were there, by emptying quite a number of glass bottles so they could be recycled and Lara almost single-handedly fought off the global economic crisis for the town of Lancefield when she found a clothing shop with a sale rack and then an op-shop !

Jan came in for a visit on Sunday (and not because the neighbours had called her in fear) and she yo-yo'd away the day with us ,visited the local quilt show, made us coffee and was just perfectly gorgeous.

Staying at Sewjourn was the BEST fun I have had in a very long time. Jan has created a wonderful place for crafters and it was such a warm and welcoming spot, it felt like we staying at her home (which I guess in a way we were.) If you can find a spare weekend on their calendar, get some friends and get a booking. I can't guarantee flannel clad middle-aged dancing women - but I can guarantee you'll love it.

So by the end of the weekend, this is what was left of us

The Sewjourn Seven.

hmmmm ........ good name for a movie girls?

38 comments:

  1. Oooh. What a fabulous weekend! Am I allowed to be jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend, I think our weekend there was far too tame- guess it's time for another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!
    I'm getting out my address book now to start finding some flannel clad stitchin' friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely checking in! I can even find some flannel PJs if I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still laughing out loud at the last line there, Ellen... I mean Jodie.

    Still smiling and humming ABBA songs..... What a fab weekend!

    xxx
    wynona

    ReplyDelete
  6. give me 24 months notice of the next one so I can save up for my ticket. Well..... someone has to be ready to have the salad pedicure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing still Jodie! Best fun in ages (x Natalie x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious, all the posts have left me laughing and going 'wow' at the sewing.
    All jealous in bloggerland right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO darn funny -- what a crack up! It looks like you've all had a fantastic time. What a wonderful get-together with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it does sound amazing - I wonder if i could convince the other half I need to go? Flights from the UK wouldn't be TOOOOO expensive, surely?

    Please tell me that really complicated bargello quilt was made over the course of about 3 months, and not just in a weekend, because if it was whipped up in a weekend I want whatever she's been drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that last photo of you all... and do I spot a massive pile of selvedges there up in the mosaic of fun?? So very glad you relaxed and had a crazy time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, it's not like I wasn't sold already! Well done girlies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jealous, Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!!!

    Me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also jealous jealous jealous jealous. But you did inspire me to quit whining and get busy. :>}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had such a great and crazy time together!! No pressure from any of the attending people about Parsley and Beet?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a good for the soul bonding good time-we all need one of those-often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are the dancing queens! Loved it all. Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ellen, I had one of the best weekends and have only (just) recovered. My cheeks are still sore from so much laughing. Looking forward to next year, Reece. XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw Jodie you are too kind.....glad you had such a super weekend though...and can't wait for the red carpet on opening night.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crafting, Abba and pyjamas, with a good deal of planet saving recycling going on, sounds like the ideal weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jodie it does seem that you had a wonderful weekend at Lancefield. My sister and my daughter went up there on Sunday for the quilt show and loved it. Do I see a new pattern from you with the gorgeous elephant you are making. Reminds me of the characters from Baabaar!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll be there in 2 weeks' time!! I shall be the resident writer I suppose....so I'm flexing my typing muscles in preparation for a lot of letterpressing and poetrypatching.

    So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. First weekend in July, pajama clad and ready for dancing. Can't bloody wait.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a weekend! I bet you need another holiday to recover?

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's my idea of a perfect weekend Jodie. Glad you all had a great time.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like a perfect weekend... what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh don't make me so jelous!

    ifonlyihadchocolate

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jodie, sounds like you had the best weekend retreat.......Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Too funny , when is the next one .
    I have the PJ's !!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks like the bestest fun EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm really only a little bit jealous , ok a lot .

    ReplyDelete
  32. sounds like a wonderful time away........

    ReplyDelete
  33. I wish I could have come! :(

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like a hoot!
    Just had our own girly retreat too, managed some "recycling" of our own. Didn't want to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Can I come to the premiere of 'The Sewjourn Seven'? I imagine it will be like Calendar Girls, just maybe without the nude calendar (or maybe with? - who knows what really went on?!)
    Sounds like a fab time was had by all.

    Monda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm going there next weekend too. But I'll bring my tap shoes and try and get choreography done, I am far too pathetic a sewer to assay it in front of people like Sooz and Pea Soup...

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!