Wednesday, January 18, 2012

testing testing...

Because the only way I ever seem to get the boring pattern writing done, is to make myself accountable: I am publicly declaring this pattern will be finished by Monday. Do you like the new thinner neck on the left ? I am much happier.
So that means I'll be needing a few pattern testers. Hells bells people- I have over 60 emails, I'm really sorry but I only need two or three people. I'll answer everyone tonight but please don't feel bad if you miss out.I'm just going with the first couple of people, there is no selection process. It's not that the existing Senior Management team are not awesome - they are ! But by now most of them speak Jodie fluently so it is a good thing to get someone new to give them a try, unless of course one of them is busting to have a go.


If you think you would like to give it a shot, just drop me an email. There are a lot of bits and pieces to this patterns so I'm looking for people in Australia, as I imagine it'll be a substantial parcel of things I need to post- I'll send everything except threads and stuffing.


You need to have a bit of free time and be happy to be critical. It's lovely when people say the pattern is great and a boost for ever inflating ego, but not actually very helpful...This is a job for someone not afraid to say it like it is! I guess I'd be looking for people who can do this pattern (doll, dress, cape, basket, food) within about 3 weeks ?



So whats in in for you ? err not much actually and I do realise this. One day when I am dead famous or rich or both I'll be able to pay pattern testers...but you know even if I squint real hard and look into the far far distance I can't see that day yet.




and I have been cutting and experimenting a bit more for the rag rug-a-long. Stay tuned for an update on Friday. If you've started let me know so I can pop over and have a look.


OK back to the pattern !

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Please!!Just what I need at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure where my comment went, but I would love to be a tester. My email address is craidon@e-wire.net.au thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I already volunteered, but if not, reporting for duty, Ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jod I'm sure you will be bombarded with offers so I won't put my hand up . Besides the way my work is at the moment I'd probably stuff it up !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new neck, although I loved the old doll and didn't think there was anything wrong with it before, now that I see the thinner version I have to agree that the new neck does look better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just emailed you! Would love to pattern test - but NZ might be too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to test, but I live in Oregon. Excited to see how it all turns out though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you need another, I'd be happy to join the flock of testing brethren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, Jodie! I'd love to help you out with some testing. I am sure I can give you some constructive criticism too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jodie,
    Pick Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jodie, its hard to tell I think that the left does look thinner but it could be the camera angle. Remember by the time they are dressed and in the arms of a child she will be beautiful. I would like very much to be a tester as I have the grand children who will love her no matter what. PS: Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I volunteer :) I sew clothes, dolls, purses and bags. Happy to offer constructive criticism - I'm no "yes" man err woman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh Nooooo! Why did I not see this 3 hours ago? I would love to have a go (but don't worry - I will just have to wait and buy the pattern instead!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you find what you need. My skills are not it!! LOL

    Interestingly, my word verification is "aplea": can blogger read you?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to know that it will be a popular pattern if your volunteer testers are anything to go by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bout time some fresh blood joined the Senior Management Team!!
    Love that wee basket of fruit, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Basket of veges is soooo cute, well done on another wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so in 3 hours you got 60 emails plus a handful of volunteers here? I'd say that you aren't squinting hard enough. One day you'll be offered a great book deal and it will cost $75 to ship it to America from your savvy Australian publisher. So, when that day comes, please put a clause in your contract that whatever book dealer/publisher that snaps you up also teams up with a printer in the USA so I can buy said book of awesome at Barnes and Noble. The neck looks better, like she has a great nip and tuck Dr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey jodes i'm in w.a. and always willing.
    pay for testing, are you kidding?
    never heard of such.
    ps. i'm knit testing several cowls now. do people wear cowls where you are?
    and do you say it cow - with an l
    or call - with an l ?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Supposed I'm a bit late on the pattern testing. I expect it will be another wonderful doll.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!