Wednesday, January 4, 2012

and so it was

that in the fullness of time, Jodie decided she too should do a round up type post for 2011.


Some patterns were released. It was this time last year that I joined in with the Creative Abundance crew, and yes even though I miss the people interaction of an Etsy shop a little bit, I do not miss folding patterns and chasing payments at all. I am a bit surprised that I did all that in one year to be honest, I always feel like I am getting nothing done. Those beginner patterns still make me happy. (and there just might be one more coming)


Some tutorials were made, and some teaching happened.After my first somewhat disastrous class, I warmed to the whole teaching thing- and had some great classes last year. We don't always get finished but we laugh-a lot! I have some teaching booked in for next year -better add it to the classes page.


Some fun stuff was done, including some sewjourning and visiting. I made a teeny elephant and other bits of silliness.

I went to a screen printing workshops and loved it. I built my own portable(ish) screen printing press and have been having heaps of fun. I am letting go of my anal ways and embracing the blobs and blurs more than I ever thought possible.

Speaks for itself really,doesn't it?


Some maybe perhaps new things, you know I offer this with a grain of salt...as it was this time last year i said i would make a pattern for the knights... These are the folks currently living in the sewing room and waiting for me to decide whether to proceed, make patterns, not make patterns or abandon them completely. Speak up or forever hold your peace. (The big headed guy will probably be a knight)


So I guess you could say crafty wise it was a good year, full bodied, a bit of variety...some same old same old and a bit of new stuff. But the best stuff is right here, hanging out with you guys: getting a comment that makes hot Earl Grey spurt out my nose, getting advice and help and constructive (and not so constructive) criticisms, tips , hints and links to great stuff.


Lots of you axe-murdering Internet people have become my real life friends, some close by and others far away. Many many of you are now my virtual crazy Internet friends, who, unless a lotto win is forthcoming we may never meet in person, but as we kind of sneak into each others computers and look at each others craft, we learn about each other, our families and our foibles and we do create friendships just as valid as those over the back fence. We care, and this year we saw it in global ways and I felt it in personal ways, so thanks guys. Thanks for hanging out here and joining in the conversation, or just cruising by with a wave, or even just a silent little statistic that never comments - however you do it is fine by me. You guys are the holders of the stakes, my crazy Internet friends.



Goodbye 2011- The year of the arse crack.

39 comments:

  1. Happy New One to you.

    The word verif if 'colox'. Make of that what you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be a part of your year, Jod, and wishing you a fab 2012. (Will you be starting it with a trip to the big-smoke fabric shops tomorrow....?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet July was the best month for you though wasn't it?! ;) Love ya guts, Jodie! Here's to an awesome 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't know how many times you have made me SNORT with laughter in the past year. Your undie embellishments still crack me up!!!
    Red Riding Hood DEFINITELY needs to be a pattern (happy to be the first one to purchase that one as I know a little lady with a birthday in June who would think that was totally neat!) I also think your foxy lady/lady fox should be a pattern.
    Happy holidays and thanks for the humour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good year in review post. So many fun times. Where would we all be without our axe-murdering internet friends? 2012 looks to be full of promise of good things to come. Happy New Year, Jodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I so miss your clever and wonderful stories. Any chance you'll bring them back for 2012? Oh, I so hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how little faith we traditionally put in internet friends. (Axe murderers indeed!) I have loved laugh with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is the first one I check when I log on. Love your work, your way with words and your great photos.
    My obsession for wanting to make soft toys and collect Little Red Riding Hood(s)comes from you.

    Looking forward to plenty more great stuff in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2012 may it be a good one. From your arse crack to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a magnificent summing up Jod!
    May your 2012 be filled with loads of crafting, friendships, happy times and just maybe, a little bit of arse crack!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post and I love being one of your crazy internet friends but I'm not really crazy , really I'm not .






    Yes well ok maybe a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Years Jodi, you crazy internet chick you. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 2012 and remember if the year of the arse crack follows you into 2012 just tell them "hide the crack the cops are coming"! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful farewell to the old year! 2012...bring it on! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year Jodie, I hope it is a great one both in your crafty life and in your "real" life

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a very good year Jodie. Wishing you and your family all the best for this one too Cx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Jodie - what a year in review, I can't believe you did it all either! You rock. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, as they say -- takes one to know one. You're the craziest of them all -- on the internet when they say take me to my leader, the path leads to YOU! Great roundup -- Love those crazy undies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Before I forever hold my peace, I think you should make a pattern for every single thing that comes out of that sewing machine of yours. But that's my girl crush speaking. I do love this blog of yours, underpants and arse cracks and all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And so it wasn't most of yesterday, teasing me with a nearly post!

    Worth waiting for. You always are Jod, you nutjob. Life is sooo much better with you around.

    With thanks, one of the Internet Crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now I finally have your trust I can come out and admit that my initial plan was indeed to meet up and steal your kidney, but now you've bowled me over with the softieness I am resigned to leaving ridiculously silly comments on your blog. Damn you for your cute dog and your funny underwear..now I have to find a job that doesn't involve conning unwilling librarians out of their innards..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looky at all the magic you made with fabric and felt and paint and thread. And underwear. And beads. Thanks for letting us share your mad creativity--I love coming by here and seeing what adorable creature is now forming under your fingertips. Yay to the hot Earl Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year Jodie! Your 2011 looks very productive indeed. Looking forward to what the new year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you and yours a brilliant 2012!

    Love,
    Not A Crazy Axe Murderer

    ReplyDelete
  25. From one crazy internet axe murderer to another - Happy New Year Jod!
    I'm so glad I'm one of the lucky ones to know you in real life. Your posts never fail to make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Difficult to see how that one slipped off The Offical List of The Chinese Horoscope, huh? Makes you wonder what else has been lost from it over over time???

    ReplyDelete
  27. Difficult to see how that one slipped off The Offical List of The Chinese Horoscope, huh? Makes you wonder what else has been lost from it over over time???

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's an impressive amount of creativity for one year, Jodie! My daughter is working on one of the three little girls (she got the pattern for her birthday). Anyway, here's my order for this year: I definitely want to see the knight completed, and a pattern for Red Riding Hood. Please. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year to you, you sweet, talented and funny thang! May it be filled with even more surprises and delights for you ...
    xxx J

    ReplyDelete
  30. PS - my sentiments exactly, Pinksuedeshoe!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Here's cheers to getting the word arse into your post. You rock my socks Jodes (that's a good thing ;o)
    Bring on another year of mischief and fun. I look forward to catching up and shoving le bebe at you. I'm indoctrinating him to the cuurayzee innernet crafty ladies from the youngest age. It'll probably be totally normal by the time he's an adult.
    Ab xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, my keyboard is splattered with snorted tea at this end too - primarily due to you!
    Thanks for the mess and the laughs.
    You are a clever little custard!
    Looking forward to sharing your crafty year by sticking my head over your internetty fence.
    Cheers
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey!! I am NOT an axe-murdered and whomever told you that is a dirty filthy liar! Too much? Okay, I USED to be an axe-murdered but I've been reformed. ;p

    I am safe to play with! Really, I am. ;p ina

    ReplyDelete
  34. the year was indeed a good one. It was lovely to ahve met you in real life and I dare say I shall see you again this year for *symposium*
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy New Year! You make me laugh so much. I love the undies and I'm not sure how I missed the "wide load" ones, totally hysterical! I also very much love your photo shoots :) Can't wait to see what happens this year.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for staying with the Blog - it is one of my reliable sources for a laugh and inspirations. and to think of it all happening in Australia and coming into my space in California - amazing. Happy New Year! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  37. Late to the party but hopefully not too late to put in a heartfelt plea for a red riding hood pattern. Have so enjoyed your blog this year, Happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy New Year you fabulous awesome women. Great post. Here's to an excellent 2012 hey? And look forward to catching up in your neck of the woods soon. {Save the Date: Fri 17th Feb for my opening at Red Brick}

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!