This week at the job was one of those weeks that you just have to cope with . You know, keep your head down, grit your teeth and get through it. I figure everyone has those weeks occasionally so here is my not-yet-patented method for getting through it !
- Ignore the work piling up on the desk. Grab a load of important papers and rush out the door at lunch time. Head for the nearest op-shop and buy something lovely.
- Design and draw cushion for the Ballarat patchwork Cushion challenge during staff meeting. Maintain an air of intelligence and try to perfect the I-am-so-interested-in-what-you-are-saying-I-am-just-going-to-have-to-take-notes kind of look. (It takes practice but it is one of those skills that come in handy)
- Attend daughters concert, a local fundraiser for drought relief. Realise you are one of the oldest people there and that the boys in the band are not actually singing in a foreign language - you just can't understand them. Resist the urge to tell them to pull up their pants.
- Give yourself permission to leave at interval and pick up daughter later ! Go home and do a little stitchin'
- Have lunch with a friend - better still have noodles with a friend.
- Get a package in the mail - who cares if it something you paid for and not a real-life actual present. In fact buy yourself something that has to be posted - parcels in the mail are the best !
- Drink red wine (This step may be used at any time during the week and as many times as necessary)
Stay home, blog, read others blogs, finish project so you can blog Saturday.
Bad week nearly forgotten !!!!