Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An evening noodle

It is almost the end of the school holidays here and I spent the day at work yesterday , just getting the groove back and doing a bit of preparation.

This little hoodie had been bugging me all day so I was happy to finally get to it last night. It transformed somewhere along the process into more of a duffel coat but I am loving it.


The little triangles are vinyl and the cord is actually plaited DMC thread because I had no black piping cord.

The coat is made from a felted jumper, and of course now I have two more to make for the other boys.

Questions :

The little purses previous are from a Nicole Mallalieu pattern. At first I nearly died when I saw all the instructions , but that is because every little thing is explained. The pattern is really really good. Nicole also has the bigger frames and I am very tempted by the largest one.

Would I have tried them without a pattern - No way Jose!

OPTIMISM - Kids looking in the fridge just in case something they may want to eat has miraculously appeared there in the time since they last looked.

11 comments:

  1. I love this parka. Your little "boys" are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!!!
    seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is wonderful! I wouldn't mind one myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kitty. Do you think it'd fit me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scene of optimism occurs frequently in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call that sense of optimism "scavenging" in this house and number 2 daughter is particularly adept!

    Love the hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you survived your day at school getting into the groove. I also went in today but needed a little "lie down" when I got home-such a shock to the system! The little duffle coat looks so warm and snuggly:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those clothes you make are truely amazing. So real just polly pocket sized!! Good to see you at school yesterday and it's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling hoodie! Suits your boy oh-so-well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little guy is adorable. Love the hoodies. I love your little coin purses on the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything to do with these little boys! What a gorgeous hoodie!

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!