Friday, April 27, 2007

The apron that became a quilt !

With Lara's prompting I had every intention of really joining the blog world by participating in the Tie one on challenge. I spent a lot of time thinking about the kind of apron I would make. (Note to self: think less , sew more)


I decided an apron for work would be good - I work with books and get pretty dusty.
So I wanted practical and interesting -with ric-rac (as that was part of the challenge.)


I bought some green canvas weight fabric and got started ....I really did. It was going to have ric-rac flowers all over the bottom and a cute diner-style name tag patch. Truly it was........


But then as I dug out more fabric for circles I came across a whole little set of sock monkey charm squares that I bought some time ago. That got me thinking of monkey polka dots and as I have a friend about to have a baby - Hey presto !!! Forget the apron I am now onto a baby quilt. I need about 30 little circles to go onto to my white squares - haven't thought about borders or anything yet as the hand sewing will take me quite a while.

I plan to use the tiniest bit of double sided iron on thingamajig to affix the circles in just the right spots before I pack them up and take them with me on a school camp next week.A little bit of hand sewing amidst the chaos -should be fun!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a creation to behold Jodie - check Flower Garden
    A

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!