Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My Happy place


This very old project (like two years) has been reinstated on the to-do list.


It was going well, until it wasn't and then I had to start again.


But the basic horse / donkey plan is sound,


even if the Appaloosa was an abject failure


Sleepless nights about horse legs have turned into sleepless nights about bridles which means I am getting closer. I can be heard muttering about girth straps and brow bands to anyone who passes by and I am cutting and sewing pieces of felt so small they are a joke.
I have a new order of felt arriving this week and I think I
I might just be on to something.

14 comments:

  1. But they will be wonderful! And you can laugh when it comes to me sewing the little bridles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! They are so gorgeous, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the home to misfit toys but also the home of magical ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but I like the blue bridle, it looks the right width on the horse...and its shiny! Hmmm perhaps a narrow ric rack might be cute....just a suggestion. Or rick rack trim on a saddle blanket....cos you need accessories? NO perhaps no accessories if your currently awake at nights dreaming about legs and other design details. But then again a matching felt bucket for feed? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking great (as usual) love the acc stories idea, of course with being Ballarat ponies they will need a winter rug that covers the head too and a summer rug for the cooler nights. Then there is the saddle, saddle blanket and hair doflickies. This pattern may end up being bigger than Ben Hur!!!
    Sorry about the sleepless nights, hope the new felt helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodi they are looking great,just the thin for a little boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look gorgeous as usual! I wonder if needle felting some little spots would make for a cute Appaloosa bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always my favorite childhood toy! I need the horses for my little grand daughter. I've always longed for removable bridle, saddle, blanket....halter, rope. Oh please don't make us wait too long....So excited to make a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, you are far too hard on yourself. I think the Appaloosa is darling. I've no doubt your muttering will continue until your inner artiste is satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't every little girl want a pony?
    We love your ponies.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!