Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Makin' stuff

Almost every blog post could have that title around here I guess. So we did the Christmas thing and the New Year thing ( doing being a relative term of course).

This bag was made and gifted for Christmas, is that not the best fabric ever ? It is by My Paper Crane and you can get it on Spoonflower. I was so precious about using this fabric that I actually made a complete practice version of the bag first. It is a simplified version of Amy Butler's Sophia Carry -All pattern.
This is the practice version made up in Cat's Pyjamas fabric. This would be the perfect sleepover bg for a little person or even a big person . I already have ideas for another one of these.
I made (another ) rug, also gifted and I loved making this. I loved watching it change as I added all the different greens. It had started to rain when I wanted to take the photo so I banged a nail into the house and hung it by a little loop that I had sewn as the finish ! Oh Man, I instantly wanted to make more and hang them on all the walls. I want to indigo dye some rope and make another one..... I am kinda surprised by how much I love making these rugs. I really do enjoy every minute of it, it is strangely meditative.
Dear fi, Copperpatch, me, Trash, Narioka , Binaca J makes stuff.

Dear fi, Copperpatch, me, TrashCan, Narioka , Bianca J makes stuff.

After the New Year extravanganza I caught up with some bloggers of old. I met all these awesome woman ( and many many more ) through this here blog. We had a great catchup and it made me think of the real life friends this blog has brought me and also all the very real internet friends who I may never get to meet. It is hard to blog, I feel like I am just repeating myself time and time again.... Look at me ! I made this ! And then I made this ! but I looked at last years dismal blogging effort and I think my blog deserves better so I have given myself a bit of a talking to and a kick in the proverbial clacker.

Let's just see how we go.

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. All of the stuff you made is ace. So too is this blog post. Keep it up Mrs. It's all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your making stuff title! Love the bags! (especially your practice one! Super cute! Wall hanging rugs, Wonderful! Looking forward to reading more posts this year, How lovely to be able to catch up with lovely people in real life, All so cool! Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go on a sleepover just so I can use that gorgeous bag. And the nuns!! I'm not a big Instagram or Pinterest person - I already spend far too much time on the computer as it is - so I'm glad your clacker has been kicked and look forward to lots more 'I made this and then I made this' in 2016. Which, by the way, I hope will be a good one for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom has Christmas ornaments that look exactly like the nuns on your bag. How funny is that? Even if you blog far and between, you posts are worth the wait. Both bags are fun and happy, and we need more of both in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love reading about your stuff Jodes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the very few blogs I still read and still get excited when I see a post pop up in my blog reader. :o) It's like a dose of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blogs, especially yours. you even just mutter about puddles and I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Stephanie.....I love seeing what you make....it is inspirational. I love being proud of you for all your efforts, realizing how hard you work......I will be here....looking forward to what ever you want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The nun bag is the ducks guts...sorry I normally like red more, but who doesnt love nuns looking very nun like! LOVE the green rug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love your blog. You make cool stuff. You are never repetitive, and you are hilariously funny.
    Blog when you feel like it or have something nifty to share. Don't when you don't feel like it. Turn the computer off for days, fill the the sewing room carpet with threads and pins that will only reappear when bare feet are near. Catch up with friends and smell the daisies. It is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little nuns look like they stepped out of the pages of a " Madeleine" book! LOVE love love the green rug-as-wall-art ! (I have random nails bunged into random walls to hang things on & take photos, depending on weather/ sunlight etc!!!) Really want to have a go at making a rug like that! Love your blog have been reading for ages - reading your blog inspired me to start mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt like my blog was all about me and how great I'd been so I gave it up, maybe I should have kicked it instead! Love that Nun fabric on your gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lerve the bags and you know which one I prefer!
    Where did you source the pattern from? And I am wondering how it would look up-scaled......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog, always make me smile. That nun fabric really is precious

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!