Monday, January 18, 2016

elephants

Yes, I have a thing for elephants. They fascinate me. I even have an elephant board on Pinterest, with pictures... of elephants. I could look at them all day.
This pattern has been a slooooow burn. It often happens that I fall out of love with a pattern and abandon it to the forest of zip-lock bags.

I mean slow - Instagram tells me this and the next photo are 55 weeks old.....


The five part under gusset may have had something to do with abandoning the project. I realise this will be my fifth elephant pattern and I would like to be able to say that this will be the final elephant installment but there is at least one more brewing way.


I took a version to Spring Market last May (and cannot find it anywhere).

Here is where we are now, one pattern with three different trunks.

Version A 

Version B


Version C

Don't get excited though folks, we're still a long way from finished I just thought you might like to weigh in with your choice for the cover elephant . Does A,B or C speak to you? I may end up doing a collage - yikes, how terribly posh. Yes I have already instagrammed / facebooked about this so don't feel you need to answer me again.
 Although if you feel like saying "Enough with the bloody elephants Jod !" - I would totally understand.

31 comments:

  1. They are all lovely. I really like B. Maybe it it because I am right handed and that picture makes me want to pick it up right off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. For me it partly depends on the angle I'm looking at them. A was my least favorite until I looked at the first picture again, then I preferred A to C in that photo. Curled under is always a winner with me, but having written that, I really like the other versions as well. Whatever you decide will be perfect.

    Elephants are also a favorite with me, and now even more so as an elephant is the mascot for my son's college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like version B and that are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C! But then I can never really choose so a collage sounds to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A. He's reaching out to us and it's friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C for me. I just love your work and your wit. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say A, but they're all sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta be Trunks Up for Luck. So I like A. But I love elephants so they are all awesome to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like A, but it's the fabrics you used. A collage would be very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wins by a trunk :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. never enough heffalumps. never.

    as a cover shot - C. the patchwork makes an impact and he is reaching out to shake trunks or steal peanuts.

    but they are all excellent examples of their species.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have to choose...? (she whined.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I haven't commented in a long time (lazy) but I have to say- love that backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving version A trunk and isnt there something about elephants with an upturned trunk being good luck? Anyway I also love version C because he is patchwork pieced. And it seems to me that his name is Charlie, if I am wading into this debate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't choose. Slight preference for B cause I like the fabric, but like the patchwork of C. Maybe a college is the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the patchwork on C. Tie vote on A and C.....I don't think you can ever have enough elephants.....Adorable, collectable, loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool, these are all great but I like the first one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love elephants and I have a niece who lives and breathes "ellies"! I like "A" because you don't see a trunk bent upward like that all the time. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like them all so go the collage I say

    ReplyDelete
  21. You can NEVER have too many elephants. keep going! love them all but A is my choice. After all - trunk up means good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love elephant C!!!!! Love the fabric really!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love elephant C!!!!! Love the fabric really!

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!