Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mother of the Year (1)

It went slightly pear -shaped today with the call from Jemma ( can you believe she is 22 ?) asking for a lift to the hospital to get her wrist X-rayed. She seemed pretty blase about it, having hurt it last night. DO NOT feel sorry for her, the injury involved drinking games and cartwheels. ( We've all been there)

Yep, broken and awaiting plaster in a few days once the swelling goes down. Its not a great addition to Summer but ........you know...... Cartwheels....

The whole catastrophe threw my baking schedule into complete disarray but its all done now. I had planned to pop in today and be all warm and wise and full of the Christmas spirit , instead I am a bit dressing gown , sticky note reminders and totallly knackered.

(Thats my gingerbread rendition of Jemma)

I do hope that you have a great day tomorrow or now or yesterday or whenever it might happen for you if it is your thing. If its not your thing I hope you get some down-time to yourself to do something relaxing and slightly wonderful. I made THE BEST Christmas present ever this week ( yeah it took me about three days to make but I love it and I'll show it to you soon.)

 

Until then... Embrace the crazy.

( trust me- it truly is the only way)

 

18 comments:

  1. I love the gingerbread man with the broken wrist! Hoping your daughter recovers nicely (at least there will be no cartwheels on New Years Eve!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah to be young and reckless! But then again, I can do without the hangovers, thanks.
    Whatever it is for anybody, enjoy it. And if you can't enjoy it, please make sure it is you having the meltdown. That way, your the one getting all the attention.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and you know all about crazy! Have a fun Christmas, Jod!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a lovely tomorrow Jodie.

    Hope the arm heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although Jemma broke herself it was far more fun the way it happened than Abby pulling on her leash causing Mr. Creations to fall on his rear on the ice in our driveway -- bracing the fall with his hands -- bruised and swollen wrist and being a man would not go have an x-ray. Instead he allowed me to drive him to the pharmacy to get a wrist brace. All better now. I love the personalized gingerbread rendition and oh goodness...little jeans and a tiny belt. Can't wait to see who it is? Merry Christmas Jodie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cartwheels, huh? Well that's not how I would break my wrist.

    Merry Christmas, Jodie. Be safe and laugh lots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gingerbread Jemma looks like she's ready to do another cartwheel, lol! Get healed wishes to her, and thank you for so many delightful posts this year. Pear-shaped, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gingerbread Jemma looks like she's ready to do another cartwheel, lol! Get healed wishes to her, and thank you for so many delightful posts this year. Pear-shaped, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd blame it on her shoes. Big hugs Jodie ! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas, thank you for all the laughs this year x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep. Cartwheels. I know. I couldn't resist trying to see if I could still do one recently (sober).
    Like Fran, I'd like to thank you for all the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas! Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas Jodie, Drinking games and athletics don't mix, good on you for coming to the rescue! So looking forward to seeing what you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MerryChristmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Jodie. Thanks for being you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahem. We haven't all been there -- I could never do a cartwheel. I feel SO deprived and really think I should have a childhood do-over. Hope you had a great Christmas -- Crazy and All!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure we are twins !! Phone conversation with my (then) 19 yrs old daughter
    "mum I think I've broken my wrist"
    Me: " how"
    DD: " I tripped over a Lesbian"
    Me:" Well if you will leave them laying around " lol
    this also happened after a rather large amount of alcohol :)
    Well you are only young once ( Thank goodness)

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!