This is my first attempt at Goccoing fabric with two colours. I did the red bird blob first
After the red blob dried I printed the cage part over the top - It was really easy once I had figured out the lining up bit!
Then Hey presto a bit of embroidery (yes a French knotted eyeball - please be impressed).
Then I sewed them up and added a little base. The base is hard plastic like templastic covered in fabric and hand sewn to the bottom.
I actually made these as accessories for the dollies and monkeys but I like them so much I imagine a whole tree of them dangling about.
So far I have made 7 and have only 3 left. Annie got one, Mum visited and pocketed one, Jem took one for a friend and I appear to have lost one somewhere in the sewing room
(never to be seen again).