Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Biology 101

Tucked deep inside our bodies is a tiny little gland. It is not much to look at and very few people, outside medical circles even know of its existence. It is red and blobby like almost all internal stuff and most of us won't ever need to hear about it.
It controls a lot of our day-to-day stuff and it works hard and keeps us on the straight and narrow ...until it doesn't.
In hindsight I should have known things were a bit weird, but I just pushed on, as people do. I convinced myself there was nothing a few good nights sleep couldn't fix. The signs were all there, but as the symptoms mirror my general GOW (Grumpy Old Woman)  symptoms, I just ignored them.

Anyway friends, it turns out my people-er is broken. Apparently I did some serious damage to it while in Houston. I overworked the poor thing and instead of resting when I got home I launched straight in the Australian Trade Show and spent two full days peopleing like a lunatic.
I answered forty five thousand emails, promised eleventy hundred promises and talked a million talks.





My people-er is totally shredded. Doctor's have rarely seen one so trashed. It is barely able to cope with the necessary peopleing required to hold down a day job and not bite the relatives but it can not do anymore. 
I want to slap people...often. I want to rant at the stupidity of the human race. I want to go into my sewing room and never come out. I want only to commune with dogs and cats and passing lemurs. 
Yeah yeah, I know it is my own fault. I peopled too hard and too often.
 I binged and I apologise -  I swear I will people more responsibly in the future!

I am sure there are others out there with the same affliction, Doctor's say it is most prevalent at this time of the year. Look after yourselves friends. Drink some tea, have a nap, chat to the lemurs....
See you soon.



19 comments:

  1. Giant squishy hugs.

    some people probably want bitten, just don't catch anything, or break a tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Girl, so understand, take care of yourself for a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am in totally the same place! Look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peopler is broken, but only kinda because your "assembly line happiness" comment on my IG pic the other day made me smile. I say it's on the mend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! Lightbulb moment here. Explains why I retired - I just couldn't stick for a moment longer the necessity to be polite to/interested in everysinglebloodyperson who came my way. I feel much nicer now ( though significantly poorer financially.) Thanks for the medical info, Jod - it's right up there with EITTS as a breakthrough.Think you need to spend the day under your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that explains that....Glad to know you are more or less ok... If ever there was a time to " spend the day under your desk" that would be now. Take a thermos of your favorite beverage...and a pillow, quilt...and ear muffs. Treat yourself to a looooooooong nap....Thanks for checking in before you check out. Sweet dreams.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go .... rest and don't kill the small people in the day job. It is almost holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go .... rest and don't kill the small people in the day job. It is almost holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! I knew something was up when we hadn't seen any small felty delights on Book-face. Never fear, I'm sure the Doc advised to spend as much time you need confined to a felt padded sewing room and before long your People-er will be back to new in no time. Rest up, we'll be here when you get back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take it easy, rest well my friend, We will be here to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to blob with a cat on your lap and de people!! Sending squishy hugs your way my dear one. Eat lots of chocolate! Yes, chocolate cures everything, even peopleitis!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to add to my earlier comment that IMHNMO (in my humble non-medical opinion) your mad-woman gland is high-functioning. Hope your day is more ace than you expected, Jod.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take Flynn for a walk and then come back and cuddle up with a cup of tea and the cat on your lap. Take it easy and your People-er will take some time but will get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hit the nail on the head!! Love, love, love your words!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your explanation, it's so much harder to hibernate in summer, but I hope you can do a little of it soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care and watch some soppy Christmas films like 'It's A Wonderful LIfe' - there might still be time for your people-er to recover.
    I had mine extracted years ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't peopled nearly enough lately and my Peopling gland is woefully underactive due to all this farking #craftfairprep and dog nursing so I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic, 'specially as I'm sending my dearly beloved Trashy in your general direction in the next couple of days.

    Much as I love you with every fibre of my being I can't help but want to say "suck it up Buttercup".

    I think that about sums it up.

    Venting? Little bit. Love you... big kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see how that is going around! Your account of peopling bought a smile to my dial knowing I know have a diagnosis. I'm hanging in to the end of term :)
    Hope you get a chance to rest up proper soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!