Wednesday, November 4, 2015

yestermorrow


That was bizarre! There really is no other way to describe quilt market. I feel like I spent longer on the various flights than I did in America ! The trip was nothing like the leisurely Spring market trip to Minneapolis.


Houston was hot, smelly and busy and we had the most spectacular tropical storm ( a downgraded hurricane) that saw half of quilt market holed up in the Hilton bar for hours. I saw nothing but the convention center, Ikea and my motel room until the day we were leaving - it really was bonkers. (oh and the Hilton bar maybe more than once -networking folks, networking)


This time, Ella Blue had a schoolhouse, where each designer had a short time to speak about their fabric range. I had never seen schoolhouse before and not only was I jet lagged, I was suffering a most explosive tummy bug at the time, so I was talking and clenching both ends at the same time ! I am sure I seemed completely erratic.


I have been home a week tomorrow morning and am back at work and feeding the cats and brushing the dog and every now and again I wonder if it really happened;  the child centre of screaming babies that was the first flight, followed by the incredibly drunken man ejected on the second flight ( along with hymn singing nervous flyer woman and vomiting woman). The crazy speed walking through LAX, the sweet gentleman from Alabama with the best accent ever who helped me schlep all my stuff to the Convention centre and all the crazy wonderful friends and conversations and drop dead hilarious moments. 


I have a bag full of American 'candy' that I am working my way through and a  whole bunch of friends I need to thank for helping me pull all this off, but right now on Wednesday night at 8:30PM - I feel like it is the early hours of the yestermorrow morning. I have dropped my phone in a drain and walked quite painfully into a random thing poking out of the school garden. From this side of the screen things are feeling pretty ragged. 
Goodnight for now blogfriends - and thanks, as always for making all this crazy happen.

21 comments:

  1. It sounds like utter madness - and in a few weeks you'll look back and see that it was all in a good way! I'm looking forward to a travel themed fabric range from you now, depicting your fellow travellers (or almost travellers!)!! Hope that you get over the jetlag / pointy pokes / any residual effects of the tummy bug soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crazy funny bits of travel, that are never actually funny at the time. Your booth looked amazing, well done on it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny! I'm sure by now you've discovered that a) spring markets are best (see you in Salt Lake and we'll go to the mountains!), b) that selection of candy you took home is crap. You need an American to guide you through the American candy maze so that you don't waste precious calories on crap and c) those long flights from LA to AU are the worst. The. Worst. They're tooooo long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally!!! Someone who sees candy the way I do! Anna, if postage wasn't so fricken' expensive I would create a 'care package' of GOOD candy to send to Jodie. Dove dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel....ahhhh. ;p

      Delete
  4. I'm just glad you're back in one piece, including your sense of humour. Enjoy the sweeties. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Please don't say you are not coming next time!! I am planning on having my own booth and escaping to finally meet you fellow librarian and sewer, crafter and inspirationer! On another note, after you went to IKEA and it was over what happened to the stuff? Returned? shipped? left? I have to think about those things for my turn. So excited for you but flying all that way? Hats off to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel fabric? Oh yes!! What a fantastical idea~ Plum Cox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such fun seeing you, and having a wee bit of time to visit...(even though it was in the very busy Hilton bar!!!) Big hugs to you, and let's be sure to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There you are dear!

    pretty sure the candy will contribute to more exploding, there is nothing meant for humans in that stuff.

    I'm certain that most people, especially so far travelled seemed a bit 'tired' at Schoolhouse, they'd all just be so impressed by you and your fabric and your general air of awesomeness they'd forgive any vagueitude.

    I'm surprised you were still standing after that lot!?

    congrats, it all looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can send a man to the moon in the 1960s and communicate by email today but still can't teleport. Flying gives one a reason to drink, if they haven't already started!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you REALLY back, Jod? Or just hallucinating? (Probably due to an overload of crap candy.) Enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you REALLY back, Jod? Or just hallucinating? (Probably due to an overload of crap candy.) Enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have you back! Maybe you have to slow it down a tad to enjoy it better, Love the booth and the pictures, hope your tummy gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home but WOW what a trip. I saw some of the Quilt Market and storm on other blogs and it looked so huge and that storm was frightening. Take care and hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow...you have been thru the mill and they say! Seems like it's supposed to be a lot more fun than that....Ever feel "tested"? Me on this side of the screen is grateful for the pictures....incredibly charming booth....Love everything about it. So much work, time and effort....and when do we get a chance to by your new fabric? Hope you get the chance to unwind and find a Centered place soon...(and....unrelated, My granddaughter was born a few days ago...I am telling everyone!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so wonderful to meet you at Quilt Market! I loved talking to you and seeing your fantastic patterns. So glad you made the long, crazy trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still trying to picture the clenching both ends thing.....do you think you could take a photo!!! or a video maybe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to know a guy from Alabama who I thought had the best accent ever. The same guy? :)
    I hope the tummy is better. Get a tetanus shot booster for the random thing poking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crazy travels - you will laugh at it some day! But it must have been very surreal living through it ... I didn't mean to laugh, but I did!

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!