Monday, August 29, 2011

The stuff I forget to tell you

Concert preparation continues guys and I do have some photos but of course most stuff is still unfinished so there is not a lot to show yet. Being too busy to do much of my own stuff gives me a chance to tell you about all that stuff that I plan to blog about and then get distracted. I love Cart before the Horse. I love their humour, (you have to check out Dylan's movies) I adore their art and I was the lucky winner a super long time ago of one of their paper dolls, Miss Clemontine. A rare entry into a giveaway for me as I could not resist.
That immediately prompted my purchase of Little red Riding Hood. (Do you know I have a red riding hood obsession? - total full blown waking sleeping obsession?)





I stole these pictures from Dylan and Jo's Etsy shop as it is night time and I am determined to post tonight. Dylan and Jo work together - how cool would that be? Imagine having a partner in craft, to bounce ideas off and share the light bulb moments. I mean not that I am complaining, its just that Mr Ric Rac's responses to craft are pretty much the same whether I make a pot holder or a frock of selvedges. So now I own both of these beautiful articulated dolls but I just can't bring myself to cut them out and assemble them, even though I know how good they will look all framed up.


Oh and last weeks lotto win ?... non existent.... so Finnegan won't be coming home to live with me just yet.





yep...fox obsession too (as you know)

16 comments:

  1. Oh, not YOU too! Have long been plotting a lottery win to enable the full buy out of the CBTH shop and now I hear it's the Ric Rac sheila I'll be up against (among the bazillion others). Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How utterly awful of you to show me a shop with such stunning wares that I will never be able to afford!

    Thanks Jodie. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh, I do love little Red too! xo Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you seen the new 'dark fairytales' embroideries at UrbanThreads.com?

    I'm still workin on a lottery win myself. At least I'm not competing with you and T - different Lotto!

    It does help if you buy a ticket though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper dolls-reminds me of my childhood...hours spent cutting out dolls and playing with the clothes. (Do little girls play paper dolls any more, or is it just Dora and Barbie?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thanks for shining a spotlight on our goodies :) Even the shyest among them loves a good twirl on the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shop too- I love everything about it - I really want the moon and well anything really.... have been eyeballing those paper dolls for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lucky for Red Riding Hood that you have a fox obsession and not a wolf obsession... There are foxes here in Leicestershire... I saw one asleep in the garden a few days ago.

    Strangely... I have not seen a little girl in a red riding cloak on her way to grandma's...tho' I am sure it's just a matter of time. Plenty of Grandmas around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hah! my partner is similar to mr ric rac - very modest interest in crafty exploits. most likely the reason i started to blog, just to get a reaction from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't Finnegan run away to your house?? Seriously, start whipering in his ear....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That's some gorgeous stuff Ms. Jodie -- by the looks of it, I'd say you DID win the lottery1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red Riding Hood, what is not to love, i want a red cape for next Winter, i can see myself carrying a basket instead of a handbag, just because. Love Posie
    PS excuse me, all these obsessions & my word verification for my comment is 'colon' um, ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the best RRH ever!! Hmm...I live a little closer to Finnegan than you do, but having no lottery winnings either, does not give me any advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them too! They've been in my favourites for ages but I haven't actually bought anything yet - can't decide what to have. I haven't seen the movies of which you speak - I must go watch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Red Riding Hood obsessor friend! I am on the lookout for a good RRH picture book. I don't care much whether it is new or old, but I am on the lookout for a version with good pictures for my little girl. She is going to be RRH for Halloween (wearing the little red cape my mom made for me 25 years ago!) and I am trying to get her excited about it. I mean, she's 2, so she still doesn't have any say in the matter, but I'd like her to be a teensy bit excited :) If you know of one, please send some info my way so I can find it! Thanks a million Jodie!

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!