Monday, April 21, 2014

The holidays were paved with good intentions

I was all set to blog blog blog...

But the ideas hit and then there was sewing to be done ( I may have actually sewn 38 toys this holidays).
New central heating is being installed ( This is so freakin awesome it deserves a T-shirt). How much fun have the cats had, popping up through the holes in the floor as the whim takes them? Its like one of those whacking games. ( without the whacking)
I did some visiting friends touristy stuff ( and thought about a job that involved horses).
And at the very end I made a new friend.
There was also a bit of house painting, a lot of thinking and a day or two lost to a crazy neck.
There are new ideas and crazy plans and ill-considered commitments ahead of me. I am doing big things and small things and wishing (as always) for more time, more time , more time, to embroider the undies, and make the stories, and play with screen printing and return to crochet. I want to master the Pinterest thing, and tidy up my blog, and tell you the story of Cross Olive. I want you to come over and have a cup of tea (or six) so I can show you all the half-made things, and the snippets of things and the disembodied heads and the headless bodies.
Just ignore the holes in the floor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

13 comments:

  1. Pop the kettle on ... be there as soon as I can shirk my other commitments (like parenting, etc).
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good an offer to refuse - I've booked a ticket - see you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fun never ends does it? I guess it's important the cats don't end up getting permanently "whacked" in one of the holes when the heat job is done. Tea, yes please? I'll bring the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that about the road to hell. Personally, I think good intentions are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. until you stitch a Transporter, that popping round for tea is scuppered. unless one of those holes in the floor is actually a wormhole.

    I like your new friend, he looks comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the offer. You'll need more chairs by the look of it.
    I remember when we did the ducted gas in our house in Bendigo. It was sublime!
    However, I do love a slow combustion wood heater that can also warm the whole house if you're lucky! :)
    We all love your work, Jodes and we don't know how you fit it all in to your life. It seems you are living more than one already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always having all the fun... is that a wedding dress you are working on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the time goes so quickly, never enough time in the day! All the best for you Jodie with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heating, so exciting! Can't wait to hear about Cross Olive

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tea sounds great... are they polar bears?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I wouldn't give for a cuppa with you and cross Olive, lass xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's way more fun at your house than at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Jodes, I can't wait to pop by for a visit. Only 65 days left until we're on the same continent!

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!