Thursday, March 7, 2013

Teaching and whingeing

I haven’t organised a bucket load of teaching for the first part of this year as I am working hard behind the blog scenes , making samples for Portland, thinking about a booth for Portland, organising paperwork for Portland and generally obsessing over Portland.

But I am teaching a new Print & Sew class at Millrose Cottage in Ballan on April 9th. This class is designed for beginners but if you don’t mind spending a day with kids, you would be welcome to join us.

Each participant will create their own design and screen using Mr Gocco and we will then print our own fabric and turn it into a basic bag.

gocco1

crapegads

I will show you how to clean your screen so you can take it home and use it again as a mini screen printing screen.

I am really excited about this class.We are all going to do multiple prints of our design so we can share and I have a few designs already printed for people to take home as well. If you want to join in please ring Millrose and grab a requirements list. I need to order in screens and inks and bits and bobs, so we need to be organised for this one.

 

I’ll be teaching a much less need-to-be-organised Rag Rug class on Saturday 13th April at Ballarat Patchwork.ragrugblue2

This class is a quickie – You can book in for 10am, 12 noon or 2pm. We were almost booked out all day last time and some people made huge progress in a short time. Just ring Ballarat Patchwork to book in for that one. I am looking forward to adding a few more rounds to my rug while I am there.

I know people whinging about the weather is really dull, but I would just like my extreme displeasure to be noted and passed on to the highest authorities. As the mercury rises, so to does my propensity for narky, crabby snitchy behaviour. Consider yourself warned world.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could come take your class, but the commute from the US would be a bit much :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have the strips I cut up last year for the rug along, I wish I could come to your class too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these rugs. Only wish I lived closed than North Carolina. Can you tell me how they are made? Is it crochet or the toothbrush technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! wot you whinge??
    not possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. given your last statement, I'm surprised the embroidery was so understated. or was that just the blog-safe version?

    and I deny your tag. I wouldn't like the short 2 hour classes, you'd have to throw me out, cos I'd be planning on hanging with you *alll* day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should I hide all the forks or just issue eye patches freely?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just about to see if Air France has a cheap flight to Ballan but then I see you are narky and snippy so I won't bother

    ReplyDelete
  9. Normally people whinging about the weather is dull but these are not normal times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time i'm hearing about Mr Gocco (so much so that I'm also googling as I type) would love to know more about this awesome machine (where to buy ect)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heads-up from a long-time lurker: Linked to from the Guardian website... you're famous!!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/07/crafting-comic-relief-red-nose-day-dolls

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are now internationally famous in the press and everything Missus. You are well on the way to world domination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the rug too and wish I could be there to take your class!
    Sorry about your heat... I woke up to frost and the chicken water frozen solid! Again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I'm wondering....have you been thinking about Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well now that is just not fair! I'd love to take one of your classes! Too bad you are a little out of the way for me. Am quite happy that you'll be in my neck of the woods soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'd love to be more acquainted with Mr Gocco! Sadly Launceston is a bit too far to come from. (and yes, I've had a gutful of this weather too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Portland? You'll be in Portland?? Damn, I'm super disappointed I decided not to go! I hope you have a fabulous trip and a successful market (I'm sure you will!). Portland is so super cool and all of the quilters I know there are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That class at millrose sounds good...I am o v e r the heat. The 1/2 centre today was outrageous

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!