Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Red Nose Day Dolls

Once upon a time, Emma Mitchell and Ros Badger cooked up a plan to raise money for Red Nose day. Their initial plan was to involve some makers in creating dolls and accessories to auction to raise money. Like some of the very best things about this internet bloggy world, as more people heard about the project, and asked to join in , the project got bigger and bigger and now has more than 20 people involved.

Mosaic 3 feb 14th

New mosaic 22nd Feb

I was so happy to join I and created red-headed Maisie for the auction and I packed her off to England before I took any photos. She travelled with her reversible Liberty Frock, her cardigan, coat, purse, scarf and superhero cape. She also took her best friend Geoff the turtle with her.

Look at those photos above, those teensy baskets ? wee knitted teddies? It makes my miniature loving heart go Boom! I am sure you will recognise some very posh makers in amongst those photos.

I am racing the boychild off to his NEW JOB !!!!! this morning so I am going to suggest you pop on over to Emma’s to see the list of makers involved. You might also notice I stole all these pictures from her blog. I am also going to ask you if you might help spread the word. You could link to the Red Nose Day dolls on Facebook. You could write about their blog on your blog or add a button to your sidebar. If you do blog about the project, please add your blog to the linkymajinky doodad at the bottom of Emma’s post.

Film by Karen Boatwright that makes me want to learn how to do this.

This is Mac, (film star)  he and Poppy, Blossom and Maisie will all be auctioned with all their wonderful possession on Ebay in March. I’ll be sure to let you know when. You can steal this picture below if you like and add it as a button on your sidebar. If you do, could you link it to the Facebook page? 

(I think I have put a years worth of links in this blog post)

RND dolls blog button

Sometimes, being the maker of things small and useless becomes bigger than small and useless and it is a damn fine thing to be part of. Thankyou Emma and Ros for the invitation.

17 comments:

  1. Jod, to say you are a goddess is a serious understatement

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about this. Great work all of you. I Love all charity endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole project!It's an amazing and womderful collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I am a little in love with Mac and his kilt!! Although Maisie is gorgeous of course...do I smell romance?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrrriliiant post, Missis RicRac. Wish you were going to be there on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jodie,
    Maisie is gorgeous and so you. She definitely shows her RicRac style.
    Hope she sells well (I expect she will go for more $$ than I can bid)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Jod, red nose day and sids is really close to my heart so I'm off to link it on FB and check out the auctions...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could be half as talented, funny, happy and all the rest as you, I would be very contented. As usual I love your work. Now if I could just get out of this 'fug' I'm in I would write a talented, funny, happy blog to complement your post today. Liking on FB that will have to do for today. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? I got out of my cranky mood and blogged and linked and liked and I hope I did good.

      Delete
    2. HURRAAYYY! Thankyou thankyou xxx

      Delete
  9. Spreading joy and happiness for a good cause. Nothing useless in any of it! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work Missus. Lots of loveliness from clever people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome and amazing! Well done guys. I have done the fb linky love thing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A damn fine thing to be part of indeed, and a privilege too I'm finding ... so much awesome talent being put to such good effect :) And all impossible without two Ricrac dolls :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Jodie, you're a star for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jodie, the video is cool and the creativity of participant on the the red nose day dolls project are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Your doll is just beautiful and I'm trying to make my way round all the ladies involved to say 'well done'. Like you say, it's one of the best things about blogland. You ladies are truly talented and remarkably inspiring, J9 x

    ReplyDelete

Hellloooooo !!!!